CurryNight is a simple idea to allow you to have a fun & productive evening on the Sunday 16th May (from 5pm), learn how to cook a tasty curry (and then enjoy it!) and contribute to a great charity who are funding projects directly in India to assist rural families most affected by the Covid crisis. The 16th May we hope will be the last ‘online’ day as after that (in the UK at least) more Covid restrictions will be lifted meaning you can actually get together with friends and have a curry together in person!
It will work like this:
- Sign up here for the CurryNight mailing list (we’ll only email you about CurryNight – no spam!) to receive news from us over the next few weeks.
- Follow us on Facebook here – we’ll be posting updates as CurryNight grows and encouraging you to share CurryNight with your friends & family so we can have a bigger impact and empower more people to learn how to cook a great curry!
- Support the project and make a donation at our Justgiving Page here – we suggest £10 but please give whatever you can afford and feels right for you!
- On the 8th May we’ll be sending out an email to everyone who has supported the project with a set of ingredients (vegan & vegetarian options) for the curry that we’ll be cooking on the 16th May. Most of what you’ll need you can buy in your local supermarket, we’ll also include links to a few online spice specialists so if your local shop doesn’t have them you can order them online and get them delivered direct to you during the week.
- We’ll send a couple of email reminders that week so you don’t forget to get what you need including the all important beer (or whatever drink you prefer!).
- On the 16th May we’ll send you a Zoom link so you can join us online from 5pm – make sure your laptop or phone is charged/plugged in and safely and comfortably position in your kitchen so you can watch the screen and focus on cooking at the same time!
- Our guest chef will be guiding you (and everyone else who has joined CurryNight) to create an amazing curry which we’ll cook together with expert guidance on how to prepare the perfect curry. After a short break at around 6pm to give the curry and the rice time to cook we’ll be rejoining the Zoom at 7pm and enjoying the curry and drinks together. You can either join in and chat with other CurryNighters or simply be with your own friends & family – whatever works for you.
- To end the evening we’ll be having a quick and fun ‘pub’ quiz at 8pm all about India (don’t worry the questions are relatively easy!) with some special prizes for the winning groups!
You can join CurryNight at any time – before, during or after the cookery lesson, during the meal or simply for the ‘pub’ quiz at 8pm. We want everyone to simply have a fun evening, learn how to cook a great curry, enjoy that curry and spend time together – in person and online (we hope for the last time for a while!).
We look forward to seeing you at CurryNight and don’t forget to tell friends and family about it if you think they’d enjoy the evening or simply would enjoy supporting us.